Hello and welcome to GRUBBRR! We've created a series of walkthroughs to help you set up your new GRUBBRR devices, starting with your new GRUBBRR kiosk. The steps outlined in this guide should be the first steps you take when setting up your new GRUBBRR devices.
Mounting the Flex payment device
Your kiosk will be shipped with the payment device mounting hardware already installed. You’ll need a specific type of Allen key to mount the Flex; one will be included with the system.
First, you need to attach the power and Ethernet dongle to the back of the Flex device.
- Find the connector location on the back of your Clover Flex device
- Plug the power and Ethernet dongle into the connector
- Using the two provided screws and green screwdriver, tighten the dongle into place
Next, you will install your Clover Flex device in the kiosk mount.
- Slide your Flex payment device into the mount as shown
- Slide the side bracket into place as shown
- Attach the side bracket to the mounting bracket using the two screws provided. Insert the screws from underneath the mounting bracket
Setting up your kiosk and printer
Setting up your kiosk
Once you’ve placed your kiosk where you want it to go, you will need to get it connected to power and internet.
An Ethernet cable is not provided with your kiosk, thus you will have to purchase one of an appropriate length.
To connect an Ethernet cable to the kiosk:
- Gently pull off the lower back panel from the bottom
- Plug in one end of the Ethernet cable to the Ethernet port
- Feed the cable down to the right and through the cable opening at the bottom
- Plug the other end of the cable into a router or switch
- Replace the back panel on the kiosk
Plug the kiosk power cable into an outlet.
To turn the kiosk on, open the printer compartment and hold the round white button down for about a second.
Installing the Kiosk application
Once you've set up your new kiosk, you will need to uninstall the factory default application and replace it with your GRUBBRR kiosk app. To install your GRUBBRR app:
Uninstalling the Default App
- Hold one of the bottom corners of the kiosk screen until the passcode prompt appears.
- Enter the kiosk device passcode provided to you by GRUBBRR
- Select Home
- Select App Management
- From the app management screen, select Uninstall Kiosk App
- Select Delete App on the Uninstall Kiosk App popup.
Installing the GRUBBRR App
- Tap on App Management
- Select Install from Web Server
- Select Enter URL Manually
- Enter https://builds.grubbrr.net/kiosk/v1/latest/kiosk.zip
- Select Done
- Select Install
- The kiosk application will open to the login screen, sign in using your location's credentials
Loading the Kiosk Printer
To access the printer, pull open the compartment at the bottom left of the assembled kiosk unit.
Inside the compartment, you’ll find the printer; see below for a diagram.
- To access the printer, pull open the bottom left compartment from the front of the kiosk
- Pull the orange brackets apart slightly and insert the roll of paper. Be sure that the paper is unrolling from the top of the roll
- Lift up the rectangular orange tab
- Put the paper on top of the rollers and slide it through the opening
- Close the hinged metal piece onto the paper
- The paper will advance automatically if loaded correctly
- Close the printer compartment when finished
Setting up your Clover Flex Payment Device
Now that your GRUBBRR kiosk is set up, you're ready to begin configuring your Clover Flex Payment Device. Click here for a detailed guide on the setup process.